an MBA story

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Me...Re BORN :)


It was a fine Sunday noon in Singapore, when everybody else like me was lazing around to get themselves ready for the hectic week. My classes were also going to start the next day, so I kind of got enthusiastic and pulled all of friends for a tour to our condo swimming pool. It was like everyday, we were splashing and playing in water and since, I was still an amateur at swimming, and I was trying to hone my skills at the same time.

Sometime then, I don’t know why I tried to cross the pool from the longer and deeper side. Although I had done it a few times before, I lost my way (thanks to my swimming style in which I can't still keep my face out of water). Due to this, I was in a quandary, where I was sure to not reach the other side and could not go back enuf to keep me in shallow water. I tried but failed and finally I tried to pull up my hand and attract others attention towards me. Soon enuf I lost my consciousness and regained it only when somebody was trying to wake me up...but for this time, it was not a dream and I was in the ambulance.

Later when I got was able to sit and chat my friends told me that during my struggle, I bumped into the bottom of pool, which made a bump on my forehead and thus fainted. My friends were also not good swimmers but still they tried against all odds and somehow pulled me out of the pool. When they saw my body, they lost all hopes of getting me back, but yet they somehow called an ambulance and finally I was saved. Somebody also said that had they been 15 secs late in getting me out of the pool, there was very less chance of saving me. They say that its Almighty's grace that I'm still alive and must have done something good in my last birth which saved me.

But I realized that rather than last, I did some good things in this birth and made such good friends who instead of worrying about their own life, jumped into the pool to save me. Some of them were as amateur as I was and could have drowned them in the process, but still it was their effort that saved me. I thank God for giving me those friends and I just pray to have them for my life (although I got a nice daant for my mischief after it...but jab kaam hi aise hon to koi kya kar sakta hai ;). After the incident, I promised to them and myself to be a little careful.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-o ... :((

I hate you... :(((. Not because I had to read it from your blog.. But because you "Mr. Superhuman-being" tried such a stunt.. X(

-Rachana

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude. Zindagi bahut badi hai. abhi bahut kuch karna hai. and u must b happy that u just proved it.
-proud of u
Kunal

11:48 PM  
Blogger Anshuman said...

I guess you may want to mention the name of the friends (preferably, with their photos :-))

12:55 PM  
Blogger The Maverick said...

All of them are here is the embedded pic :)

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home