an MBA story

Thursday, January 11, 2007

End of Term-One

So somehow I managed to finish term-one. The last few days were quite hectic with never ending presentations and always due project reports. Then there were exams and submissions and exams and they continued until we were exhausted. It was quite a good experience as it equipped me with some of the basic and utmost important skills and most importantly, changed my attitude a little about management and now I was looking at my stunt in NUS MBA as more of a holistic experience. Somehow, somewhere deep inside I had started feeling like a manager but the way to become a great leader was still way long.

As others were planning for a month long vacation after exam, I dint have respite their as well as I had accepted to do a winter internship at Wealth Management firm AXA. My experience their was quite enriching as my boss and colleagues were more than wonderful. I had quality learning time and enjoyed as well with the Christmas and New Year parties thrown by company or as a joint effort of my team. Soon I developed good relations with everybody and was later offered a part time position to continue with even after my classes start.

In between came my term result where I scored fairly good, I guess my best grade after I passed 12th std. in my school. I got 4.6 out of 5 and which placed me among the top quartile of my MBA. There I learnt a thing that regarding studies, my experience is always better with schools. I used to excel in my school in every field but when I went to engineering college, my grades sucked. Now again I am back to business school where I am again back on track. So I hope and pray to God that this relationship will fetch me good grades if nothing else :P

CYA in next term........hfff...3 more terms to go :|

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger myPage said...

hey Maverick.I read all the articles in your blog and am going to be a part of NUS soon.I also have the same apprehensions which u've mentioned in one of your articles.
I must say all your writings are fantastic yet simple.

12:22 AM  
Blogger The Maverick said...

Hi mypage (is that ur name)
anyways, I appreciate ur comments and would like to know the apprehensions that u have abt any part of the blog.

Good Luck.
--MavericK

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home