an MBA story

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Term two ends too...

If term one was a roller coaster ride with lots of ups and downs and tonnes of confusions about deciding my career goal and path to take to reach my final destination, term two came out to be a little more focused and much more tensed. Focused, because I knew what to expect from NUS Business School and what I want to do after I graduate (the confusion was much less after I decided to go with numbers, my first love and on that too in finance coz that earns good money...my another love :P), and tensed because I need to get a good internship in a great financial company to prove my worth ( its really tuf for an IT guy to get into finance with no prior exp in that, but I must say its not impossible if u really want to do it).

So, in this sem, studies were more focused, efforts were much focused, attending talk were much focused ( used to attend every talk last sem) and in end applying to companies for internship was much focused. Our subjects (specially strategy and economics) were superb and gave us a better perspective about management and world economics. We also played an online Strategy Game where our group ran a company and that was the thrill of the week. Every week was a quarter for us and to see those P/L and Balance Sheets on Sunday night was such a thrill for all of us, I could just imagine how those big shots might feel when they see the figures of there real companies. In the end, our group was declared the winner of that game and nothing could have been better... it was a real joy and I felt like I am Dhirubhai Ambani and just beat Godrej in clothes business :D

We also did a project on NUS MBA Career Service Office where we tried to analyze their shortcomings and in a survey we found that they were just too many to count. We sent our recommendation to the Acad. Director, Vice-Dean and Dean and we hope that our work will bear fruits for us and we will be able to contribute positively for our pride...NUS Business School. As CSO had a lot of problems, I was also having problems finding a suitable internship (which I really wanted to do and not just anything anywhere which I was doing OREDI:P ), and just kept praying to god that my prayer (applications) to Gods (companies) will find an answer someday. In this hope, I finished the second sem also finished and on reflecting back I felt that I done well in all the fields and should expect a good result :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home