an MBA story

Friday, July 13, 2007

Internship unlimited…

As I told I am interning with the world’s best Investment Bank (at least that’s what JPMorgan prefers to be called) where “first class business is done in a first class way”, my experience so far has been wonderful. While working in there Derivative Analytics Groups for Asian Rates market, I know, I know that’s a lot of buzz words, but can’t avoid it in a world where even a simple “Hi” becomes “hihi”, I learnt more about finance and real market than I could do in all my Fin classes back in school. This again buttressed my belief that on-the-job knowledge is the best.

Again my MS Office knowledge combined with my logical thinking ability helped me out in the office where my mind was busy learning all those buzzwords, slang and other lingo used in I-banking world. We were closely working with Singapore, Hong Kong and Mumbai market and to my good fortune, I got to handle a new pilot project for London office which gained me a lot of repo in my group and a lot of good words from people in London. With which I think I’ve nailed the casket and would definitely be offered to come back after my MBA.

JPMorgan is definitely a great firm to work with. My interactions with people here have been great and I learnt a lot from each and every individual I worked with. My group mates, most of who are non-MBA statisticians from ISI-Calcutta and others have a great knack for Finance and analytics. Number churning is something that I learnt from them greatly and the other most important thing I learnt was an eye for information and detail and I think these are going to help me greatly in the log run. As the end is coming closer, I reminisce my days here and think that they will always remain in my memory as another short school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home